Thursday, October 26, 2023

Dodger and Bailey

I got out for a quick 2.5 miles with Dodger and Bailey today. It was only Dodger's second time on a leashed walk and he was greatly improved over the first time. He's still shy/scared of me, but he will walk with me now. We need to do a lot more of it. The first time he walked he was scared of absolutely everything and would stop, freeze, or pull back, which made walking forward difficult. Today I found myself still pulling him along more than I would like, but today it was because he was stopping to sniff every little bit. At least that's normal dog behavior. 

Bailey walked right next to me like we were a single unit, keeping a sharp eye out for anything that moved. I walked Dodger on my left and switched Bailey to my right side. She changed sides seamlessly and was happy not to be getting tangled in Dodger's leashes. We caught sight of a few deer as they bounded off through the woods.

It's great to be trail walking again. 


I still double leashed him because I'm not sure what he'd do if something scared him.



Harmless snake, but we still gave him a wide berth. 






Both ears were up throughout most of the walk today.



2.5 miles


No comments: