Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Loving this season

Tuesday I discovered some big event happening at Pleasant Grove so I just took Bailey on a short walk down to the river from the dog park area instead. It was short but picturesque. 

Wednesday I was determined to get in six miles, and I did, although the shorter days are making that tough. I first walked Della and Bailey for 2.5 miles, took them home, and then brought Paisley and Elvis, and we knocked out 3.5 miles ending shortly after sunset. 

I'm loving the cooler weather and am hoping to get in more miles to drive some weight loss. Will probably have to get my butt in gear and on the trails early in the morning to make that happen, especially after the upcoming time change.

One ear "looking" downstream.



The river is beautiful this time of year and I'd love to get out on it with my canoe,
but the water level is so low I'm afraid I'd be walking much of the time.






Paisley is probably the easiest dog to walk.
She walks directly behind me, close, never pulls.




Elvis walked out front most of the time and he sets a good pace. 
He occasionally stops to sniff and mark, but usually does it without
interfering with forward progress of the walk.



This may be my favorite picture even though it was after the walk.
I finally broke through the 200 lb. mark, if just barely.

No comments: