Thursday, October 12, 2023

Mostly Mitch

Mitch got adopted today! I knew there was a meeting scheduled but I didn't dare get my hopes up and I knew nothing about the potential adopters. Turned out that they were perfect for him. They have three other dogs, one larger, one smaller, and one about Mitch size, but all mid-sized dogs. None of their dogs have great leash manners so they weren't put off by the fact that Mitch doesn't either. He was very sweet and friendly with them, of course. He did a good job selling himself. Their male dog, the smallest of them, had a bit of an attitude but Mitch didn't escalate it and he calmed down a lot by the time they all left. 

I sure hope it works. Mitch is a nice dog and he deserves it. 

The other big event today was the arrival of Cosmo, a/k/a The Big Hairy Beast, who is staying with us until about the 22nd I believe. He's a former foster and he's been here several times since being adopted, but he had a few new dogs to meet today. That's no problem for Cosmo, he's very even tempered and has always been a very pleasant houseguest. 

Dodger is coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely. I kept him indoors for a while this morning, but Dodger gets into things, and onto things. He steals socks and paper towels. In short, he needs to be either crated or watched. I needed to work so I ended up putting him out in the Daneland again with Mitch and Sherlock for the morning. Bailey joined them later in the afternoon after Mitch was gone for some play time. We brought Dodger and Sherlock in after dinner and he was very active in the house, even coming upstairs with me. But then he went downstairs on his own and when I went to check on him found a torn up roll of paper towels. Not a big deal but he went back into the crate after that.

Della and Bailey and I did our walk, and Bailey got her second parvo/distemper vaccine. Erika is trying to get us into her basic obedience class. It would be a good idea. I got a text from the woman who had found Bailey and I let her know that we were keeping Bailey. She seemed quite pleased. 






The small dog on the right was the one with the big Napoleon complex.
I guess he was used to being the only male dog in the pack.



This is the portrait of Mitch done by the same photographer 
who took those pictures of Sherlock and Dodger.

Cosmo with Elvis and Maya

Cosmo and Paisley

Della checking him out.

Running with Paisley.
Look at that massive tail! It could be a whole other dog.

Cosmo was the first dog to come in since we got Bailey and she wasn't sure what to think.
She had her fur up but she approached him cautiously and there was no problem.
She will need to learn that we take in lots of new dogs around here.

Candice wasn't sure what to think of him either.

Clockwise, from the back left: Dodger, Della, Candice, Elvis, and part of Maya.


Cosmo, Candice, and Della


We did a late afternoon walk today.






No comments: