Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Mid-week madness

Della had us up twice during the night after her tooth extractions yesterday. I'm not exactly sure what she did out there in the dark at 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. but she wanted to go, so we went. Her appetite was fine for breakfast, as expected, but she was definitely more subdued than usual throughout the rest of the day. She perked up again for her canned food dinner, but settled back into her crate soon after. I expect she will be back to more of her normal self tomorrow.

Because she wasn't feeling great she didn't push me for a walk so I took the opportunity to do a solo training walk again with Bailey. Anything moving is a distraction for her, but especially squirrels. She spent some time with the foster boys, Sherlock and Dodger, both this morning and late afternoon out in Daneland. 

I brought the foster boys inside earlier than usual this morning. Dodger is definitely getting more comfortable around me. It's easier each day to get a leash on him to bring him in and once inside he seems very happy. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a harness on him and try him on a walk, either by himself or with Bailey. I think that would go a long way towards gaining his trust.



These holiday atrocities were on display at Pleasant Grove, 
behind an attractive plastic yellow chain fence.
Bailey was scared of them, but we approached slowly and 
ultimately got pretty close to them.

Her "up" command is pretty good at this point.


Dodger and Bailey

Sherlock with his stuffed bunny.


My play pictures are pretty fuzzy.


Indoor chaos.








No comments: