Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blackjack!

I don't have a lot of positive things to say right now, but I can say that all my problems are with people, not dogs. I think we will just be hunkering down here for a while until the stars align properly to make some adoptions happen, and stick. Counting the fosters, our dogs, Clay, me, the cat, and the possum, we have a full score plus one--a perfect Blackjack hand.

My only recent adoption that does seem to be solid is Boomer. He is now called Hans and he seems to have made himself a place in his adopter's home and heart. Aside from not riding in the car too well, the adopter reports that he's doing fine in his new home, is well mannered indoors, and he even played with her son's cat. He was even developed an alert bark now that he's the shepherd in charge of his new home. "Hans is definitely a keeper! And he finally barked at someone coming to our front door, so I think/hope Hans has decided I’m a keeper too! He’s a wonderful dog."

He's a lucky dog too; he has a great home.


Remember scared, shy little Rowdy? He's now Bernie and I received this pic of him and his new brother Murphy this week. He's really growing up and is a very handsome dog, whose masculinity isn't the least bit threatened by the pink harness. It sounds like he's now at least as sociable as I am, although that's not saying a whole lot. He's got a great home and a good life though, he has fit in well. He and Murphy pal around together.

No new pictures, but Sam, the senior lab is doing well. He proved that even an old dog can be counter surfer.  Instead of dumping the dog, they dealt with the problem.  What a concept.

No comments: