Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Golf Tournament

I've been waiting for news of the tally from VGSR's sponsored golf tournment held last Friday. The preliminary numbers show the group will clear over $20,000 from that event, making it the biggest and best fundraiser in VGSR history. That sounds like, and is, a lot of money, but it goes quick on dogs with major medical problems.

The tournament was sold out of slots for golfers. They also had raffles and auction items that brought in even more money. We had a lot of dogs there too. They were out on the golf course during the day and up at the clubhouse during the dinner and auction.

Several of my former fosters were there, of course, including this pretty girl at the left, Duchess, formerly known as Filly. She had been at the reunion too but somehow we managed to miss each other all day.

It was a very successful event and one that we hope will continue. It is driven largely by one woman, although she is always quick to give credit to the many other people who help out.

I took the day off from work to help out, but Clay was out of town so I couldn't go until mid-afternoon because I didn't want the dogs left home alone for too long. I showed up, ate dinner, and introduced the dogs to the crowd in an after-dinner Parade of Rescue.

It was a fun event and I came home with 12 bottles of a home brewed beer that I won in the auction. Clay and I had one last night and it was really pretty good. I didn't get any dogs adopted, but Michael Vick was injured in a football game on Sunday so it made for a pretty good weekend.

2 comments:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

This is very interesting. Love reading all the topics here, and the photo of Duchess.

Drummond Golf said...

i like this blog very much.this is too good
Thanks for sharing