Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mail bag




These are pictures of a former foster, a boxer named Diesel, from his vacation at the beach.

Diesel is one of several really sweet boxers who have sold me on the breed.

Speaking of boxers, there is one waiting for me with my SW VA doggie dealer as soon as I can arrange to pick her up.

Diesel's companion is a smaller boxer named Vader. The two dogs play constantly and had a great time at the beach.



I also received these pictures from a double adopter. This guy had adopted Ricco from me a few years back. Ricco (left) has pannus, which our Zachary also has, and requires two types of eye drops daily. He also had an older female beagle and when Mattie died he contacted me about getting another shepherd.

Since this guy was a repeat adopter, a really good home, and had taken a dog with a known medical problem, I was damn sure going to find him a great dog. He ended up with Hannibal, the other half of the Hannibal and Nemo pair that I had acquired from a backyard breeder through the intervention of another former adopter. I know I wrote a blog post about Hannibal and Nemo but I can't locate it now to link it here. [Found it, thanks to Bonnie, here's the first post about Hannibal and Nemo.]

Anyway, Hannibal and Nemo are two gorgeous young shepherds. Nemo is now Huck, and was adopted by a couple who have become VGSR volunteers. Hannibal and Ricco (shown here) have become friends and they lead a good life.

No comments: