Friday, October 1, 2010

Buddy without Holly

I brought Buddy back home from the vet today.  He was neutered on Wednesday and spent that night at the vet's house because they had been thinking about adopting a shepherd.  They need an older dog, but at least I found out that he will crate, he won't kill cats, and he's a very sweet and devoted dog. 

I tried him in the dog yard when we got home instead of putting him back with Holly.  I suspect that she is his mother and that's a cycle of dependency that needs to be broken.  He played nicely with Trooper.  I added in Buster and King and it was too much for the young Buddy.  Buster would have been ok, but King was a bit aggressive towards him.   Before long he jumped the fence to get back over to Holly. 


I need to get him adopted because they both need to move on with their separate lives.  She won't be spayed for another week or more yet, but he's ready to go now. 

1 comment:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

It sounds hopeful for Buddy, probably the next time you take him on an adoption outing, he'll get lots of attention.