Sunday, October 10, 2010

Successful Sunday

Sunday was a longer trip, but we saw more potential adopters.  It was also a cooler day and we were in the shade, thereby improving my outlook.  Although I'm ending the weekend with one more dog, Bubba, we now have prospects for moving two or three next weekend.


Bubba worked the crowd again today and found himself a new home.  Two new homes, actually, but one that is already through the application process so that is where he's going.  He would have gone home with them today, but I felt that I owed him one more vet visit.  I want to make sure the Lyme disease treatment was completed, and that he's free of parasites before he goes to a new home.  We've had a few dogs come in with worms and with all the dogs around here it's tough to keep everyone worm-free.  I will also bring him inside and get him accustomed to the crate and being indoors again.  One more week is worth it to maximize his chance of success in his new home.  Once he's adopted, he will have a young girl all to himself to love on constantly. 


I've now got a choice of two or three good homes for Buddy.  He will move next weekend as well. 

King (the black shepherd) also has an interested prospect and I'll try to arrange a meeting with their current dog next weekend. 

Luke didn't get a home today, but he sure was good at the adoption event and we got some good pictures of him. 

I left Holly at home because she still has diarrhea after her spay surgery last Thursday.  I'll make chicken and rice tomorrow and we may be visiting the vet again.

I'll be making several vet trips this week if I can arrange them.  Luke needs ear meds and a rabies vaccine so I'll have a certificate for him.  Bubba needs a second parvo/distemper vaccine and a fecal check.  Jeremy needs another eval on his skin condition. 

We finally caught our cat in a borrowed trap.  She's semi-feral and lives under the front porch.  We needed to catch her because they are coming to treat our house for termites on Tuesday.  She's living in the upstairs guest bathroom for a few days.  I'm going to get her to the vet for annual vaccines and check up, and then will re-release her when it's safe for her to be outside again. 


No comments: