Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back to the daily grind

This is my first full week of work in quite a while, so it's been a little tough to get back to the routine.  Especially because my "routine" really isn't very routine. 

Monday morning I called the vet to make a follow up appointment for Nero.  They were having a slow day so I took an afternoon appointment that same day.  I called back and expanded the appointment to include bloodwork for Bremo because he needed his thyroid level checked again. 

The vet thought Nero looked much better, and indeed he does.  The face is definitely healing up.  He's not putting on any weight yet though, so I'm doubling his food intake, or trying to.  He will eat all I give him and his poop looks as if he's processing it, so maybe it's just a matter of needing more.  We will see.  He still has a week of the antibiotic (Cipro) to finish up.

Bremo went along for the bloodwork and he was very good about it, as he always is.  His weight was down a bit too.  The vet called today and his thyroid level was normal but we had a little confusion about the quantity and timing of the pills and it seems I've been giving him twice the amount she had prescribed.  I need to go back to feeding twice daily too, which he will not mind at all.  He's got a growth of some sort on his forehead that I don't like. She didn't think it was serious, but I scheduled a dental cleaning for him under anesthesia and they will remove the growth with the laser at the same time.  He's almost 11 years old, so it's time for some dental work although they didn't look too bad.


Because of the trip to town on Monday I didn't get out for a hike, but I did on Tuesday, with Nero.  We did about an hour and a quarter at a good pace.  I was pleased, he enjoyed it, and he really does walk nicely.

No comments: