Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Puppy countdown

I'm guessing that no one will object much to a plethora of puppy pictures this week because my days with Woody are dwindling down to a precious few.  I gave him a bath on Tuesday evening so he would be clean and fluffy for his doctor's appointment on Wednesday.  Clay took him into the CASPCA early Wednesday morning where he got neutered and got his rabies vaccine.

I picked him up Wednesday late afternoon and he came home all rested up for playtime in my office this evening. 

The great thing about early spay/neuter, aside from just getting it done prior to adoption, is that the pups recover so quickly. 

I'm planning to meet Woody's adopters, and Thora's, up in Culpeper on Friday evening.  When Woody is out of here, I can pick up the puppy toys, put all our shoes back onto the floor, clean up the guest bathroom, and get back to what passes for normal around here.
 

When Thora is in her new home I will be bringing Radley inside, and probably Willy and Zora as well, at least at night.  I really want to keep my wintertime population down so that everyone will be either in an enclosed outbuilding or in the house at night.  The last two nights have been too cold for dogs without an undercoat like Radley and Willy. 


Sparky and I hit the trails again today, but he took it easy on me today and we only did about 45 minutes.

No comments: