Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Sparky Sessions, Day 2

This is Sparky standing with his front feet up on the railing of a footbridge we crossed on the Fluvanna Heritage Trail today.  We started out at 3:15 p.m. and I only intended to do about an hour, the same as yesterday.  I missed a turnoff on the trail, however, and we ended up going quite a bit farther and longer than I had planned.  It was 5:30 p.m. when we got back to the van just before dark. 


Sparky had a great time, as usual, and I feel both sore and exhausted, yet somehow refreshed and envigorated at the same time.  We had a good hike. 


We also had some good news today.  The woman I took Thora to meet last weekend wants to give her a try.  My marathon circuit on New Year's Day may be bearing fruit, because Rufus went home with someone, Woody is preparing to go on Friday, and now Thora as well.  I've had Thora in and around the house and she is good indoors although she did make the mistake of going after Molly's food this morning.  That was my fault really.  Her house manners are good, but with this cold weather and wind, she was excited to be outside today. She has the best coat for this weather of any dog I have right now. 





Koa, in his new back yard.  6' fence, I love that. 
He looks spectacular.  
I love that look.
I received these pictures the other day of Koa.  He was half of the Koa/Ranger pair of dogs that I took in a while back, although when and where they came from I can not remember.  Great dogs, both of them.  Ranger got sick with Lepto and I ended up having him a lot longer than anticipated.  Koa went to a very experienced couple who said that they are very happy that they went this route (rescue) in finding their new dog.  They say:   "He has been a magnificent addition to our home and has from the beginning fit right in. Whoever said you cannot have beauty and brains never had the good fortune to meet Koa."  I only wish that all my email read like that.  I remember talking to these folks and then meeting them with Koa down at Natural Bridge.  He responded to them immediately, it was clear that they knew what they were doing, and I remember feeling quite confident that he was in good hands. 
 
Koa at the beach, in Cape Hatteras, NC

No comments: