Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shelter visit


My local shelter had contacted me about a couple of dogs.  I've been proscrastinating, putting off going to see them because I'm really trying not to take in any more fosters right now.  We are going to be away for two weeks in September and I need to get the numbers down again for the sake of our housesitter.


But today I finally went to meet the dogs.  I took some pictures and sent out a plea to the shepherd group looking for foster homes.
 
















Gallagher is a handsome young man, solid black, probably between one and two years old.  He was neutered just yesterday.  He's a nice boy.  He was pretty easy on the leash, wasn't jumpy, definitely had lived around people. 


His former owners drove him to the Fluvanna SPCA and threw him out of their vehicle and then took off.  They didn't bother to bring him in to formally surrender him, and give some information that might help get him placed.  They just dumped him like they were taking their garbage to the landfill.  Their problem was solved, that was all that mattered.  Fortunately, Gallagher is a better dog than they were people.  That's pretty much always the case. 




































This next little guy is just a puppy.  I'm not sure what name they were calling him.  He's only slightly more shepherd than I am, but his ears are trying to stand up and he's certainly cute. 


There's a lot of foster homes that will only take puppies, and I'm hoping one of them, or someone, will come forward and want to foster this guy.

Both of these dogs need foster homes, if anyone is interested, let me know.



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People are truly disgusting. I think that is why I prefer the company of dogs. I hope both these cuties find good homes.