Sunday, August 26, 2012

Washout

Chandler and her new foster mom
We had about an inch and a half of rain here on Saturday.  It didn't rain here today but it sure did up in Gainesville when I was there.  I took the Gang of Four and also transported Chandler to her new foster.

 
Misty in the back of my van

















There was lightning, thunder, and hard, driving rain.  I had to put the four dogs back in the van and got completely drenched in the process.  Chandler's new fosters arrived to pick her up and another volunteer arrived with Misty.  Misty came from a shelter in Maryland and is similar to Lady in age, condition, and lack of care.  Very sad to see, but she's a nice girl and I brought her to meet another transporter who took her on to a new foster home where at least she will have love and care. 

The adoption event was a washout for us, but I had to go to do the transports anyway.  It probably cleared up as soon as I left, but I was completely soaked at that point and was just wanting to get home and into some dry clothes.  I may have found someone willing to take in Gallagher as a foster, so that's a good thing anyway.


After handing off Misty, I headed home and decided it was time to give Lady a bath.  She was pretty smelly, something that I'll have to address with the vet this week.


After the bath she got a new collar with some bling and then she settled down on one of Bremo's beds.  All of the household dogs seem to accept her.


She smells better now and she must be feeling better.  She's pretty perky and doesn't seem to be in pain, but she just doesn't have any control over or muscle tone in her back legs.   I will call the vet tomorrow to schedule an appointment, but it sure looks like DM (degenerative myelopathy) to me. 









1 comment:

jennifer q said...

I love lady in the bathtub! She just reminds me of my woocy. I adore her! So glad she's with you