Saturday, August 11, 2012

A free day

Someone is coming to meet Hank tomorrow.
Let's hope they see in him what I do.
Cooper, Hank, and Highland
I had finished my work on Friday and had no commitments at all for Saturday, a rarity.  One of our kennels had sustained some damage in the derecho that blew through here a few weeks ago.  We were incredibly lucky with that storm, which left many people without power for two weeks.  The worst thing that happened to us was that the canopy over one of the kennels was damaged.  I hadn't been using that one so it has just been sitting there looking rather shiftless, until today.
 

This kennel had been put together with 4' x 10' panels and covered with a canopy.  Extra pieces of fencing, boards, and wire had been added over the years in an ingenious but somewhat haphazard fashion to increase security.  Today I took it all down to start anew.  Someone had donated several 6' x 10' kennel panels, which I'm going to use instead.  Putting up the new kennel will have to wait until next weekend, because I have an adoption event in Gainesville tomorrow.
 

I did some pasture mowing into the evening and got some pictures of the four dogs I'll be taking tomorrow, Hank, Lana, Cooper, and Highland.  Wish us luck. 

The damaged kennel, it was needing some work anyway.

Empty space where the kennel had been, ready to start anew.




Hank and Lana


Handsome Highland, with Gigi.
He has been good with all the dogs he has met.
Tomorrow will be his first adoption event.


The evening sky

No comments: