Saturday, June 8, 2013

Updates

Zachary is doing well and if he had a clue he'd thank everyone for their well-wishes.   Clay and I thank you anyway.  He went upstairs to the bedroom last night and came down this morning without difficulty.  Clay had to shut him behind a gate downstairs so he wouldn't unnecessarily follow him up and down repeatedly this morning. 




Here's a video featuring Clark, a yellow lab I adopted out as Cooper.  As you can see in the video, he has a German Shepherd sister.  She was a bit of a bitch at first, typical of a female shepherd, but Clark just rolled with it.  Using his lab charm and complete acquiescence to her wishes, he soon won her acceptance. 




Our rainfall total is 3.75".  I think and hope that it's over for now.  I see some blue sky out there now although it rained some more this morning. 

I'm not going to get any mowing done, but the garden is loving it and I bet the river is up for a nice fast float trip, maybe early Sunday morning.













And finally, there's news about Gypsy Jr.  She was adopted out from the group in New Jersey that took her in.  Her new family loves her and she loves them.  They know they've got some work to do, she has more than a few rough edges, but they run with her and I can't think of anything that would be better for her. 





This is our latest beer, a porter, moving from the primary to the secondary fermentation vessel for another couple of weeks before bottling.  Clay is going out of town tomorrow for most of the week but before he leaves he's going to brew up another English Special Bitter to keep the production line moving.



Addendum: 
And here's a pic I received in an email today.  The dog was named Bastian when I had him and now he's called Austin.  I didn't have him long, he moved to another foster home who got him adopted to a really great home.  His skin was all pink, I think he had a bad case of demodex, mostly stress-related.  He landed very well.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's time Zachary had his own beer. A German Kolsch. You could call it Zach's Kolsch Call.
_ Deborah

BudsBuddy said...

Great to hear Gypsy Jr has found a happy home. I guess sometimes it's true that a fresh start can work wonders.

Brent said...

@ Deborah: I love the name and I love Kolsch, but I'm not sure we can brew a Kolsch, I think it involves a cold brew process that we can't really do at home.