Thursday, July 9, 2015

Dog walks and wildflowers

Theo and Maya
I've been faithfully getting in my four miles a day since July 1st. That seems to be far enough in the summer heat and humidity. Today I did five miles with Max and Theo, and Max actually laid down in the shade a couple times in the last mile. I think we'll keep it to four miles from now on. I did a second, one mile hike today with Trooper and Maya. That meant that four dogs got walks, which is pretty good. I'm neglecting Sparky a bit right now, but that's ok for the summer. I think the exertion in the heat would be tough on him, and he's loving coming indoors at night.


A big growth of some kind of vetch, very pretty.

One day I split the four miles into three shorter walks.
This one was Maya and Gigi. I finally figured out that Gigi
likes to go in the van for a ride, but doesn't really want
to get out and hike. 




Maya and Trooper

Datura Stramonium

Theo is proving to be good on walks, not as much
prey drive as Max or Maya when it comes to deer,
rabbits, squirrels, and birds at least.







Theo


Theo, OMD he's pretty.



Theo (left) and Max (right) resting the shade.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last picture, with Theo and Max in the shade, is the epitome of the GSD!

Anonymous said...

Great flowers and dogs. Watching Theo..