Saturday, December 15, 2018

Quilt Raffle Final Tally

I forgot a very important update that I had intended to include in the last blog post. The quilt raffle conducted by the women of the GSD Lovers group on Ravelry was a great success. Tickets sold brought in $790.00.

Thank you to everyone who bought a chance.

Just off the top of my head, one thing I know that part of the proceeds will be used for is a heated crate pad for the house out in Smokey's habitat. I'm going to put a crate in his shed in place of the dog house that's in there currently because Smokey needs to learn to use and like a crate. I'll leave the door open of course and cover it with a heavy canvas tarp to make a nice den for him. With a heated pad in the crate under his comforter, he should be quite cozy even in the coldest weather. Learning to like a crate will be a big step forward for Smokey and I think this will help a lot.

So thank you to the quilters, to the ticket buyers, and to the lucky winners, from Smokey as well as the many other foster dogs around here.

Quilt winners Steve and Paul are shown here
with the quilt and their 22 month old GSD, Max.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, actually, we are knitters. Big difference in materials and technique, but similar results. Glad it all worked out.

Brent said...

Yes, sorry about the misnomer. I knew better but misspoke.