Thursday, December 13, 2018

Updates and other recent events


Sully is settling in at his new home. I never doubted that he would, but it's always nice to see and hear. Sully likes hockey (see video). I'm sure the herding dog in him wants all the players to stop moving around and get in line.

Sully (left) and his new brother.
I can only tell them apart by the collar.

















Diesel is on a diet and exercise program. He started out at 81 pounds. A week later he was down to 79 pounds. I've gotten these next two readings on the same scale two and four weeks later. He's getting a good amount of exercise now and I'm strictly controlling his food intake. He gets one cup of dry food and half a can of green beans twice a day. It's working. We are aiming for 60 pounds. Also, his reverse sneeze seems to have stopped. I think it must have been a lingering respiratory infection picked up from the shelter he was in. The doxy he's been taking is almost gone but I haven't heard the sneeze in the past week.






Kayla is a former foster. She may be the last foster rotti that
I've had. She stopped by for a visit last weekend.


Serena took over Vince's spot on the floor next to my side
of the bed at night. That puts her next to Sparky. They
aren't exactly buddies, but they have learned to share.
They have separate but adjacent beds at night, but
as seen here they will also share the same bed.
This is an extra large bed on the floor in my office. 


I don't always share and show the less than pleasant things that happen, but they do. I consider myself very lucky in the life that I lead, but it's not always sunshine and roses. In fact, much it smells much worse. There are both good and bad things about living with dogs and doing rescue work. I believe the good moments outweigh the bad, but they don't always outnumber them. 
Dog poop - Diesel
Chewed up harness and leash -
Diesel again




This is a kitchen towel that I believe
spent a couple days in a dog's stomach
before being vomited up again - Serena.

Finally, here's a couple pictures from today's walk. Four dogs, three miles, messy melting snow. It wasn't pretty, but we needed it because the next two days sound worse.

TJ, Maya, Diesel, and Serena







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sully looks so content! Warms my heart.

Jamie