Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Sully settles in to stay awhile

Sully is settling in. He's back to eating since Monday. He's becoming more vocal, which I'm given to understand is normal for an Entlebucher. He seems to have decided that I'm his person and has attached himself to me. That's both good and bad. Some dogs need to do that and they aren't comfortable until they have, but it also means that he'll have to break that bond and go through it again when he's adopted. Dogs don't understand foster care. They believe that where they are loved and cared for is their home. And because I can't make him understand otherwise, we will make this be his home, for now.
This was Monday morning. I was feeling cocky and took
four dogs out at once: TJ, Maya, Sully, and Diesel.

I actually have hope that we will find a permanent home for him, with someone who knows, understands, and has experience with the breed. There's a breed organization for Entlebuchers and they do love their breed. I've been in touch with their rescue coordinator, explained all I know about Sully, his background, and his personality. What they've told me is that everything I've told them is absolutely typical for the breed and they have a lot of people looking for a dog like Sully. Anyway, he has a home here as long as he needs it, which is until we can find him a better home.

Diesel is doing longer distances all
the time now, which will help with
his weight loss program.

Maya, my little girl. 



Sully is loving the walks. He leads but he
doesn't pull. He comes home, rests up, and
then tells me he's ready to go again.
We did a second walk on Monday, with Maya,
Sully, and Trooper.






The afternoon sun really makes Sully's white markings stand out.

Tuesday's first hike was just Maya, Sully,
and Diesel. It was cloudy and chilly.

Sully loves the trails, loves exploring new territory.

Diesel and Sully

Magnificent Maya

Sully is nearly always out front, tail up and curled, a happy and confident dog.

Sully and the horse, Sweet Serena
Tuesday never really got to be a nice day,
but I had the day off so it was a good day
to hike. Sully and I left Maya at home for
this second hike and just look Serena.






No comments: