Monday, December 10, 2018

Snow

It's definitely husky weather.
TJ doesn't mind it at all.
I hope this is our first and last snow of the season. I used to enjoy it, but with this many dogs it's only fun for about the first day. At least the power stayed on and I'm grateful for that.

The dogs do enjoy it. Those that get out to romp in it enjoy it. I didn't walk today because of it so I doubt that Maya was a fan, but she seemed pretty content to stay warm and dry indoors all day. Sparky is in that camp too, most definitely, as is Trooper.  I'll get out for a walk somewhere tomorrow, probably just on the roads at Pleasant Grove. The snow is deep enough that I don't think I'll venture out onto the trails, although the lure of virgin snow is always tempting. We'll see.

Walking in 8" of snow is tough, but Diesel really loves it and he runs through it as if he had much longer legs. It's really good exercise for him anyway, and I encourage him to eat as much zero calorie snow as he wants.

The cold and snow means that most of the dogs are spending much more time indoors. That's good for the Danes who need to put on some weight. I left Theo and Max in the dog yard today though. It wasn't bad out especially when the sun broke through this afternoon. Smokey is keeping himself warm and dry in the house of straw mostly, but he comes out to join in the barking when any of the other dogs are running at large in the yard. I went out with Satin Balls to feed him this morning, but he was more interested in the dogs than me and the food. I wish I had calmer set of shepherds to team up with him than the high strung Theo and the tightly wrapped Max.

Clyde, et al., waiting for me to come out.


Sweet Serena in the snow.

Shepherds: Max (left) and Theo in flight (right)

Theo and Max again

Clyde is young and he's from south Georgia.
This could be his first serious snow.
Diesel loves the snow. His short legs and low hanging
belly mean that he comes in wet.


Serena with ears flapping.


Theo, Max, and Clyde

Theo has an impressive tail.
Serena, Max, and Theo in our front yard.



The whole group, Clyde, Diesel, Max, Theo, and Serena















2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

They look so happy frolicking in the snow!

Unknown said...

So want to adopt Clyde!