Friday, February 22, 2019

A little bonding time

Today sucked in terms of weather and work, but I salvaged about an hour of daylight when it wasn't raining for a little bonding time with Smokey. We went out to the pasture, just Smokey and Max, and Smokey was on a long rope so he would stick with me. Max ran around obeying the demons in his head, but mostly following me and carrying a deflated soccer ball. I walked around the pasture with Smokey on a long line.

When I would stop because I was doing something on my phone or whatever, he would come over to me to see about the hold up. I nuzzled his muzzle in my hand several times and got several touches with his nose. I was more comfortable with him than I've ever been and I think, hope, that he felt the same about me. Yesterday I worked on calling him to me and getting him to sit with treats. Today I just called and he would come.




This is the lowest part of our property in the
front and it's developing into small stream. 


Max needs something in his mouth at all times. He
can't focus without it, that's when he goes into his spin.


Max wrestling with his soccer ball reminds me of
a meme I've seen on Facebook: "Sometimes I wrestle
with my demons, sometimes we just snuggle."
That is Max.

Is the neuter beginning to work some attitude change or is he just
 becoming more comfortable with me?  Probably some of both.

He has a favorite chew toy in his crate in the house and he
plays food dish game (think air hockey) in the shed by
himself, but I need some other play activities for him. 

1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

He seems like such a sweet boy! Im so glad you guys bonded!