Monday, February 18, 2019

Taking it easy

I had no adoption events to attend this weekend because I had no adoptable dogs to take. Clay was working so there was nothing fun to do. And the weather was pretty lousy. Saturday morning I cooked, putting food in the freezer for when I head to Kansas sometime in the next few weeks. I did a few dog walks, taking Smokey one day and Maya and company on the other days. Mostly I've been watching Serena closely, giving her meds four times a day, and trying to keep her from overdoing it with her lame leg.
Serena and Sparky are in competition for the giant
Dane crate in my office. When Sparky is in it by
himself, she thinks there's room for her too. 

I'm actually cautiously optimistic that she's getting better. For over a week she was carrying the leg and walking on only three. Now she's beginning to use that right front leg. She is still favoring it, most definitely, but she's beginning to bear weight on it. A couple times outside I've seen her running on all four legs like there's nothing wrong with it at all, although I'm pretty sure she was hurting afterwards. I'm trying to minimize her craziness, but she's feeling better and wanting to be more active.

Maya does the same thing to Trooper, plopping herself down
next to or on him and whatever bed he is occupying.



Maya and Theo. I've been keeping Theo inside so
he doesn't get muddy out in the dog yard. 

Theo gets bored indoors, so I've been taking him out on
the hikes with Maya.

After a rainy Saturday morning, the afternoon
was actually nice for a walk, although the
ground is quite wet and muddy once again.


I'll be the first to admit that I'm a sucker for
Sweet Serena's face.
She wants to go out and run and play and go on hikes. I made
her settle for a leashed walk in the front yard today.



You can see here that she's actually beginning to
bear weight on that right front leg.

Maya is more concerned about being next to Trooper than
she is with being comfortable herself.

Sweet Serena with the big crate to herself,
although it looks like Sparky has just left.

TJ doesn't use the crates and he doesn't even use the beds.
He lays on the floor directly behind or next to my desk chair.

Theo was in the crate first and Serena
must moved in on him too.

Monday's walk with Theo, Maya, and Trooper.

Trooper wanted to go, but
two miles was enough.

Sparky finally having some alone time in the big crate.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a houseful!