Friday, February 1, 2019

The Big Cheese

Cheese has been adopted and is on the road to his new home. I'm happy that we could play a part in re-homing another Entlebucher Mountain Dog. I really like them.

He went to a home that has another Entle currently, as well as a beagle. The adopters have experience with the breed, are young enough to be active with him, and at least one of them is home most all the time. On top of that one of them is a part-time vet tech. They were also very happy and enthusiastic to have him. The same day that I approved their application they got in their car and headed this way to get him.

He was suspicious of the adopters, as expected. But the brought treats and spent quite a bit of time with him here, building trust. They walked him by leash in the pasture for a while too. They have a very long drive home so I expect they will be well on the way to being bonded by the time they get there.

We are down to 11 dogs now, at least temporarily.




Cheese in bed with me, along with Angel and Maya. Maya
gets down when Clay comes to bed, but Angel and Cheese
slept with us. Having Cheese in bed is a bit like sharing
your bed with a concrete block. He does not move easily.

Cheese out on the trail.



Thursday was cold but sunny, good hiking
weather. I went out with Maya, Cheese, and
Angel. Cheese likes to lead.

Cheese likes to snuggle.












3 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Congrats to Cheese and his new family! I will miss seeing his cute face but am so happy he has a great forever home!

Anonymous said...

I do so hope that they give him a new name as well as new home.

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a
famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!