Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Not Husky Weather

The last couple days have definitely not been husky weather. Nevertheless, I took our resident senior husky, TJ, out for a walk yesterday after first giving him a good brushing.

He liked the brushing, it must have felt good, and I removed a lot of loose fur even though he's not really blowing his coat right now. He sure cleans up nicely although I don't think TJ has ever taken a bad picture. The white fur shows up nicely, and the red variegated coat creates nice contrast. And he smiles. It's not that self-conscious forced smile that some of us make, it's a genuine happy face.

Because of his age and the weather, we didn't go far so he didn't ever really get hot or tired. Maya and Coco were along too, as well as my friend Tricia who took a number of these pictures (the best ones).

On Tuesday afternoon I took the three girls with four working legs, Maya, Angel, and Coco. We went over five miles and I think even Coco was satisfied by the end of it. Nice day. Too warm for February, but it won't last too long and for a few days it feels pretty nice.












The thawing ground has released a lot of previously frozen
water that it had been holding since our last snow and rain.
This little stream was way up; we did not cross it today.
This is Angel in the spot I call Sparky's Watering Hole.
It was much deeper than usual today too.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love TJ.