Saturday, February 16, 2019

A rottweiler gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door

I'm on a break from fostering, aside from Smokey, who is still really more of a project dog at this point. I've been turning down foster requests right and left because I want to keep a calmer environment around here for Sweet Serena. But this guy showed up looking for a home. I can't take him myself until I know what is causing Serena's lameness, and he's not in danger where he is, but he needs a new home. I did promise to share his picture and information to see if we can find him a home.

His name is Sarge. He's a two year old rottie, neutered, house and crate trained. He seems to be good with other dogs (he met Maya with no problem). I don't know about cats and kids. I would guess he's a "no" with small dogs and cats. He hasn't lived with either as far as I know. He's tall and lanky for a rottie, but with a big, square rottie head. He seemed very sweet when we met, but he is young, energetic, and strong. He knows some basic commands and he's very food motivated, which should help with further training.

He would be adopted through Green Dogs. Contact me at vadogrescue@gmail.com if interested. Prior rottweiler experience is strongly preferred.








No comments: