Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sweet Serena Walks Again

Serena is feeling good, hardly even favoring her lame leg now, and she doesn't understand why I won't let her out to romp in the mud and body slam shepherds. It wasn't all she wanted, but I relented a bit on the activity restriction today and took her on one of my two mile walks, along with Maya and Trooper. She had a good time and she doesn't seem to be hurting this evening. We didn't go very far or very fast, but it was more than I've done with her outdoors for several weeks.
Serena is on high alert here, excited by a
plastic trash bag that was flapping in the wind.

It's far too muddy to walk any where other than the roadway at Pleasant Grove, but the sun came out and it was really a pretty nice day. It was windy and that makes dogs stupid but everyone was happy to be out and moving. After the first two miler I left Trooper and Serena at home and went out again with Maya and Theo for another two miles. I figured that four miles was enough to satisfy Maya and Clay was home to watch her by that time, so my third walk was a solo with Smokey. He pulled harder than he has in the past, which I attributed to the wind. There were a lot of people and dogs out there this afternoon too, and even a few folks flying kites. We don't often have enough wind to fly a kite, but we sure did today, and it made me think about getting one again sometime.

Serena and Trooper in the back of the van on the way up to
the park. Maya is in one of the crates.



One of the nice thing about Danes is that they are
able to walk and snuggle at the same time.

I parked in a spot where I could make the walk less than two
miles if needed, but both Trooper and Serena seemed fine
and wanted to go the distance.
Pretty profile




Trooper and Maya




I haven't been letting Theo into the dog yard
with Max because it's too muddy, so he really
wanted to get out and go on the hike today.



Theo, ready for the ride home.

Smokey was pulling hard today.

You can see that the leash is pretty taut in this pictures.


Smokey got the "golden hour" today
because his was the last walk of the day.

1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Yay for Serena! This is great news!!