Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Fun in the Sun

For Theo, running in the pasture means playing ball.
The pictures of the dogs romping in the pasture were taken Sunday on Monday when we had some sun. I kept waiting for it to come out again on Tuesday, but it just couldn't quite make it. There was a pretty good break in the clouds about mid-afternoon and I got Della out for a two mile walk.

Kami and Della engaged each other in very active
run and chase style play.
Dobby is settling in. I had him out in Daneland again today, but he seemed lonely and started making some noise. I put Hammer out with him for the day. Hammer needs a buddy now that his brother, Hatchet, has been adopted, and Dobby is more than enough dog to fill that slot. They both seemed happier when they were out there together, at least they were quiet. I even put R.W. out there for a while late in the afternoon after he had dinner. After bringing Hammer and R.W. in when it got dark, Dobby started barking again, not wanting to be left alone I guess. I brought him in and put him in a crate next to his new buddy, Hammer. The problem is that it was dark by 6:00 p.m., and that's too long to leave everyone crated until morning, so I'll have to get them all out again before bed. Last night I was up in the middle of the night because of barking from the office. I didn't know which dog it was, so I had to get all four of them (Dobby, Hammer, Kami, and R.W.) down and out in the middle of the night. I'd like to avoid that tonight.




Kami and Della, facing off before a run.



Kami was happy to run after Theo when I threw the ball too.
But only Theo actually gets the ball.
The pasture is sloped, so the run back up the hill
gets the dogs a good amount of exercise quickly.

Serena and Della at play. I'm not sure exactly what was
going on here, but it looks like Della jumped over Serena.

Dane play is generally more jumping and wrestling.
Kami is more into flat out running and can't really
join in the Dane play.

Kami does try, however.

I need to get this girl adopted soon.


Kami is fast, but she can not match Della's stride.

On our walk, Tuesday afternoon.



No comments: