Monday, January 6, 2020

Tuck Walk

Today was Tuck's first walk. It was also my first day back to work and I wasn't as efficient as I should have been, so there wasn't time for much of a hike, but we did about 1.5 miles before the sun went down and I got cold. I have noticed a few more minutes of daylight already; it's nice to see that trend.

Tuck wasn't the worst I've ever walked. I gave him 6 feet of leash and he used it all, moving in all directions as Maya and I tried to just move forward. He didn't pull, but he didn't see any reason to walk in a straight line either.

We saw people and other dogs, from a distance, and he was curious but didn't try very hard to pull towards them. Tuck continues to be very attentive and devoted at home; he just wants to fit in and belong. He spent one night in the bedroom but last night he was back in the office, but not crated. He seems well mannered indoors. He hasn't taken anything, but his head is counter-height and he's very curious about everything. Tuck gets along very well with all the other dogs. He has an appointment to be neutered on Friday.













No comments: