Thursday, January 30, 2020

Dobby and Hammer Walk

I took Dobby and Hammer out on a walk today. Hammer wasn't bad, he mostly stayed on my left side about a leash length away. I let him wear Maya's harness, which was too big for him but it worked. Walking Dobby for the first time was an experience. He can't see or hear, of course, so I had no idea how he'd react. He enjoyed it, I think, and I know Hammer did.

I started out with him on a three foot leash. That was either too long or too short because it allowed him enough freedom to walk right in front of me, which he did, back and forth. I had an extra six foot leash with me and I ended up using it like a rope harness, around and under his belly. That kept him on a short lead and gave me a modicum of control.

I walked Hammer on my left and Dobby on my right. Dobby's lead was short so he would frequently brush his head against my hand. I think that was good, it let him know I was there, and as I've said, he is a very trusting fellow. The biggest benefit was keeping him moving forward in mostly a straight line.

We were a chaotic mess starting out, but at the end of two miles we looked at least somewhat better organized.





















1 comment:

Risa said...

Hey Guys,

I just learned that your very own Killian, or rather Erica's very own Killian, will be featured in the Puppy Bowl this coming Sunday. I'd rather watch puppy bowl than super bowl any day (going back to Puppy Bowl #1).

Go Team Killian!