Saturday, January 4, 2020

Laying Low

Tuck, formerly Tank
Clay and I have been "enjoying" a self-imposed quarantine since coming down with a bit of flu on New Year's Eve. He worked part of the day on Thursday but came home early. I tried to work a half day but didn't even manage that. Neither of us bothered to try on Friday. The good news is that symptoms have abated a bit each day, at least since my doctor's visit Thursday afternoon where I scored some meds -- TamiFlu and a couple of excellent cough suppressants. (By the way, wearing the face mask they gave me at the doctor's office got me moved to the front of the line at the pharmacy. They didn't want me in there waiting any longer than necessary.) With the cough under control, we were able to sleep better each night and sleep makes you feel better or at least avoids adding another level of misery to how you feel.

The weather has been lousy for doing anything fun, so that's helpful for feeling poorly. It's not like we're missing great hiking weather. I rather expected a lot of resistance from the dogs to this self-imposed quarantine. They are happy to have us both home full time, but what's surprising is how tolerant they are of the lack of fun activity. Even Della hasn't given me "the look." I know that dreary, rainy weather alone doesn't make them satisfied to layabout indoors all day and go to bed early at night, so I think they must know we are feeling like crap.

Della
Our newest Dane foster, Tank, or Tank II, we are now calling Tuck. Friday he stayed indoors all day and pretty much cemented his bond with me as far as he's concerned. So much so that it was he, rather than the shepherd foster, Kami, who objected to being crated in the office at night. I relented and he joined the rest of the pack in the bedroom, making a total of seven dogs in the room last night, three of them being Danes. I've also learned more about Tuck. He's a great dog, well-mannered indoors even if his head does naturally rest on the counter tops. Tuck must have lived on one level in his prior home. The stairs were new to him and although he was fine going up, his four long legs were very awkward and slow making the trip back down. 

Tuck is very sweet and loving dog, he just wants some attention and petting on his big giant head. The Christmas Eve dog dumpers did this guy a favor; he deserves a much better home and better people than he had.

Today I've got Kami indoors as well. It's not cold and it's not really raining, so she could be out, but she needs to get more accustomed to life indoors as well. She's laying right behind my chair.


Sweet Serena

Della's right eye is all-seeing.












Kami is happy to be indoors with everyone else today.

Maya still has her choice spot under my desk.


No comments: