Monday, October 4, 2021

Got milk?

It seems that Sojo has finally developed a taste for the milk formula I've been pushing. It seemed like I was force feeding her most of the time. After doing pretty well with one particular bottle nipple for a while, she'd refuse it. I went back to the small oral syringe yesterday and had good luck with small portions pretty frequently throughout the day. She finally passed the two pound mark on Sunday.

Monday morning I resumed the small portions with the small syringe, and she was sucking it down really well, although a good amount of it still ended up on her and me both. She was eating so enthusiastically that I increased the amount late in the afternoon and she still gobbled it down. Her ribs aren't showing now and she's got a cute little pot belly. 

She feels stronger now too when she grabs me or pushes me away. I hope she will start turning the milk into growth and keep up the eating the way she has today.




She's still not very good at taking the bottle, but she's trying with much
more vigor and enthusiasm now.

If she would suck on the bottle the way she sucks on my little finger
she would be a lot bigger already.



Allison cleans her up after a bottle feeding session.


That's 2 pounds, 3.1 ounces, a gain of over three ounces so far today.







2 comments:

Kathleen said...

They've really grown fast!

Byron's Mom said...

Wow!!! I don't think I could see anything cuter than Sojo's milk beard!! :-)