Monday, October 11, 2021

Pupdate

It's time for more puppy pictures.

Maybe it's just my dog envy showing, but I think it must be pretty special to grow up as part of a litter.
No one is ever going to feel this close to and comfortable with this number of their own kind,
as puppies or other creatures who are born into a litter.

Dear, sweet Allison. She has the patience of a saint. The puppies are not gentle with her either.

I feed Allison every time I feed Sojo, which is five or six times a day.

I find it much easier to count Allison's 10 pups than I did Della's dozen.
The great variation in coat patterns and colors makes it easier.

That's Elliot wrapped around Sojo. 

They are now walking, talking, and beginning to play.

They still spend most of their time sleeping, but they wake up as a group and start
milling around, talking, and beginning to play with each other.


Allison mostly feeds them from a sitting position now.
It does give them better access to more nipples and they just climb on top of
each other to reach those farther up.

They are coordinated and strong enough now to walk and play.




They've developed enough awareness and interest in me that they will
come over to see me when I reach in.


The white one is Elliott. He's the only boy. He's got that brown spot on his left ear
and enough black around his right eye that it makes it look like he's got a permanent black eye.
I'm not sure if Elliott can see.

Sojo is a messy eater.

This little girl passed the three pound mark this past weekend and today
weighed in at 3 lbs. 3.5 oz. 

Allison cleans her up afterwards.

Puppy bliss




No comments: