Monday, October 18, 2021

Puppies, up close and personal

I fed the puppies three times today, a mixture of pulverized puppy food and replacement milk power with enough water to make it nice and sloppy. They cleaned it all up each time today too. I had a very busy work day but when it was over, and after the final feeding and cleaning routine, I cuddled each pup separately for a few minutes, and took pictures and weighed them all again too. 

The new menu is producing substantial weight gains as we expected. Sojo is still the smallest of course, but she was up to 4 lbs. 5 oz., while Dolly, the biggest, is a whopping 6 lbs. 13 oz. 

I think Allison is ready to transition to helicopter mom. She woke us up barking at 2:00 a.m. last night and got me to go outside to check on them all. She had another pasture run today and I think she's ready to move indoors with the adult pack. I'm hoping she will stick it out with the pups a few more days yet, but we'll see how it goes tonight.

Anyway, here's a couple of close up shots of each puppy.

Dolly is wearing a lot of residue from the pups' final meal of the evening.
You will see it on several of them.


Ruth


Susan B.


Elliott has become much more active lately. I've seen him playing with the toys.


Harriett has quite a serious look, probably because I snatched her up
out of the puppy pile where she was sleeping in order to take these pictures.


Amelia


Eleanor


Rosa is the only pup with a dark muzzle. 
It's very pretty, much like our Sweet Serena.


Malala



Sojo is finally able to get all the food she wants on her own.
We are both very glad about this. Bottle feeding was not my forte. 



No comments: