Sunday, October 17, 2021

Allison's pasture run (and puppy pics too)

Allison had at least a brief reprieve from never ending demand of puppies today when I took her out to the pasture with some other dogs to run. She followed me out there and she followed me back in without a leash. I was pretty sure that she would. She was fine with all the other dogs as they were with her. I left Henry in the house.

In addition to Allison, I took Della, Max, Rufus, and of course Hugo. Hugo's obsession has turned almost everyone into a disc dog. He's the only one who actually tries to catch them, but the others like to run with him and they will steal and carry one when they can.

Allison enjoyed the brief respite from motherhood and I will try to do it more often this coming week.

The pups seem to be enjoying their new diet. They eat the morning meal and evening meal that I fix, but my midday offering is under appreciated. That's probably because Allison is still feeding them too, and that's a good thing. 




Quite a nice picture of handsome Rufus, I think.




Rufus trailing behind Hugo as they run back up the hill.

Allison ran with them too but didn't show any interest in the disc game.





10 pups in pinwheel formation around the large feeding bowl.

Elliott playing with a small tennis ball.

Sojo working on clean up before Allison came in to finish the job.

If I feed them at the end where their bed is located, it gives me a chance to
quickly change the pee pads and do some clean up at the other end of the space.









Elliott is beginning to look like a proper Dane, in miniature.

When I let Allison back in she polishes off whatever the puppies left in the big bowl.
Some of the pups are able to sneak in a little nursing time in a standing position.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! You guys ROCK! Thank you for all you do.