Wednesday, January 25, 2023

An indoor day

It was chilly and wet all day, and that was sort of all right because I needed to concentrate on my work. Still, it's not a lot of fun for the dogs. I'd let Leo out to run for a while because he needs it, but then I needed to crate him when I finally got his muddy self back inside. The other, older dogs don't mind an indoor day on occasion. Maya liked that I was with her all day. Della had no interest in going out in wet weather. 

The pups missed the outdoors though. They really need it to burn off their growing puppy energy now. Their play was more inclined to get out of hand today and mom stepped in a few times to break it up and teach some manners. That's the real advantage of having them with their mother and littermates for a few more weeks. Just a few outdoor experiences have brought about remarkable improvements in their strength and coordination. I took everything out of their indoor space today to make it easier to clean and give them as much room as possible to just chase each other around. I will get them out tomorrow, however, notwithstanding the mud.

Elvis and Kaiya, sharing a bed.

Elvis and Max

Elvis and Kaiya on a different bed. There's plenty of room on this one.

After dinner Della decided she wanted this bed instead of going back into her crate.
Elvis was on it and wouldn't move. She looked at me wanting me to move him.

She wasn't happy with me when I refused to make him move.
I don't know if he's really oblivious or simply doesn't care what she wants.

She eventually accepted it and make the best of the situation.

Holly laying down with the pups is getting to be a rare occurrence. 


Seven heads and several feet in the feeder.






Yukon and Charlie are closing the gap between Boomer and everyone else.

This is Cooper, happy in his new home.






No comments: