Saturday, January 14, 2023

Thank you

I've been going non-stop since I got up this morning, but I don't have much to show for it on my camera. It's been mostly about errands in town, cleaning the puppy shed, managing nine dogs on a cold day, and taking in new food and supplies. Erika and a couple of Green Dogs admin volunteers had their meeting at my house today, after they finally finished playing with the puppies. 

This is a good opportunity for me to say thank you to those folks who handle the administrative business of Green Dogs or any other rescue. Organizing and maintaining the records, processing applications, making calls to vets and personal references, these and myriad other tasks are essential to running a rescue operation and getting dogs adopted. Yes, rescues depend on fosters homes, but foster homes depend on volunteers doing all the behind-the-scenes tasks that it takes to keep the organization going and get dogs adopted. Thank you.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a great setup.