Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Holly and Della

It rained today so the trails and the yard are muddy, but the sun actually came out in the afternoon so I got Della out for a walk. We took Holly today, her first walk since she arrived here before giving birth to the puppies. She was happy to go and a very enthusiastic walker. 

I'm not sure whether the pair should be known as Dolly (Della and Holly), or Hella (Holly and Della). Either name seemed pretty apt at different times during the walk. 
h/t to Rowdy Graves for the names.


That tail was flying high for the entire two miles.

This was one of the calmer moments. Generally Holly was far out to the right.


In spite of their size difference, their puppies' weights were fairly close together at five weeks.
Of course, Della was feeding 12 rather than 7.



I love those white feet.


Holly seems to get along with everyone.









2 comments:

Risa said...

I don't know what the DNA test is going to say, but I think Holly is a least part Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.

Brent said...

Risa, I think the same thing. Who knows if that is even a breed that the test will recognize though.