Friday, January 6, 2023

Four week bear cubs

Holly's puppies were four weeks old yesterday. That's halfway through the minimum time we'd expect to keep them together. In another four weeks we'll be looking at departure dates, as hard as that is to fathom. 

When they were born they looked like furry sausages, as pretty much all puppies do. Then they began to take on a potato-like quality, at first looking like Yukon golds, and eventually growing into big Russet potatoes or even sweet potatoes. Now they have turned into cute little bear cubs, five polar bears, one black bear, and one sweet little brown bear cub that reminds me of the stuffed bear toy I got on our first family trip to Yellowstone. It will be interesting to see them develop in the coming weeks, perhaps giving a preview of what they'll look like as grown up dogs. 

Adina likes to grab shoestrings and the leg of my sweatpants.

Boomer is growing like he's part Dane.

Camilla may be the smallest, but she's the most playful.

Camilla after I snatched her up for a picture.

Charlie's growth was uneven at first, but he has caught up.

Dizzy with a new toy that Holly hasn't taken yet.

Peggy has a pretty face.

Yukon isn't as big as Boomer, but he looks stockier, and he's definitely got the biggest feet.


Boomer is now a full pound heavier than the next largest pup.
Charlie has pretty much caught up to Yukon and I expect he will surpass him.
Adina, Peggy, and Dizzy are almost exactly the same weight now.
Little Camilla finally passed the four pound mark today!



I got out for my first hike today since my back problem. Della and I did three miles on the trails and it felt good. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.






Three miles

 

No comments: