Sunday, January 1, 2023

New year pups

I moved Holly and her puppies back out to the puppy shed in Daneland today. The severe cold we had last week is over and it's easier for me to deal with the pups and Holly with them out there. If it gets extremely cold again they can move back inside, but I need to make some improvements to the indoor setup before that happens. Holly has access to get outside whenever she needs it. She also has space of her own where she can get away from the puppies but still be nearby to keep an eye on them. She will appreciate this more in the weeks to come. 

It's the first of the month as well as the first of the year, so I gave all the adult dogs heartworm preventative today. The puppies all got their first dose of strongid, a de-wormer. 



Here's a view of the new outdoor space. The pups' bed is still in the whelping pool but I've cut down a portion of the side wall to give them easy access to come and go. The pee pads are just outside the bed, and they are getting pretty good about walking off the bedding before squatting to pee. I have the heating pad under the pool and three space heaters that I can use as needed. Holly can jump over the low wall to get away from the puppies when she wants to and she can get outside on her own through the doggie door. They are beginning to play with the toys now and I'll hit Lowe's tomorrow and get them a cardboard tunnel for the inside space.

Holly doesn't lay with them all the time now, but they are still growing so
it seems that they are still getting what they need. 


I didn't have a bottle of champagne for the pictures, but here's each of the puppies in a punch bowl.

Adina

Boomerang

Peggy

Camilla

Dizzy

Charlie

Yukon


No comments: