Monday, January 30, 2023

Holly's day partly away

Holly had a successful first night away from her kids. I knew that putting her in a crate in the office wouldn't go well, so I cleared off the bed in the guest room and she and I slept in there last night, along with Maya and Elvis. Both Holly and Elvis were in bed with me. Maya has always preferred to sleep by herself on the floor next to me. 

I spent the day dealing with the puppies' need to be outdoors and Holly's need to be with them. They are on their third outing of the day right now. Holly is here in the house with me, but I'll take her out to see them again before bedtime. She doesn't insist on being with them all the time. She's glad to get away from their teeth, I'm sure, but she's still a concerned mother and wants to check on them periodically. I wish I could just show her the cameras and convince her that they were fine.

I took Della and Holly on a hike today. We went a little over three miles and had a very nice walk. Holly was better today than she was when walking with Leo yesterday. I used different equipment on her, a four foot leash rather than a six footer, and an Easy Walk harness that I intentionally put on incorrectly, instead of just her collar. It was almost 60 degrees and at least partly sunny, a beautiful day for a walk. Unlike yesterday, we were not alone out there but we didn't encounter any problematic people or dogs.







3.12 miles

I didn't take any outdoor puppy pictures today, and no video. In fact, the only puppy pics I got today were when I went out to weight them and put them to bed this evening after their final feed. 

The cardboard tunnel has become a sleeping spot as much as a plaything. I've found at least five of them in there at one time and this evening when I was wanting to weigh them I had to pick it up and dump them out of the end. They are getting big enough that it's difficult for one to pass another in the tunnel but they still manage somehow.

Camilla in front, with Boomer behind her in the tunnel.

Charlie was curled up at the opposite end.


Camilla in front still, with three of the blonds packed in behind her.

Most of them will migrate to the bed at some point, to join Adina, Yukon, and Boomer.


It does look cozy and fun in there, but becoming a bit claustrophobic.


Boomer still leads, but Charlie and Yukon are not far behind. After being the smallest, other than Camilla, for quite some time, Dizzy appears to be about to catch up and possibly pass Peggy. Both are still lighter than the sleek but beefy Adina. Camilla posted a strong gain today.


No comments: