Thursday, January 5, 2023

Vet day and puppy play

This morning I drove Leo and Kaiya to the vet for neuter/spay appointments. Both went well. I took Cooper along when I went to pick them up and he got a heartworm test (negative), had his vaccines updated, and got microchipped. It was a lot of drive time and a busy work day as well. It wasn't until evening that I had a chance to spend much time with the puppies, although I had fed them and Holly multiple times throughout the day. 

Morning mash feed. They don't eat it all, but Holly cleans up what they leave behind.

Cooper coming out of the vet after rabies vaccine, heartworm test, and microchipping.
We stopped at Erika's on the way in and she gave him the parvo/distemper vaccine as well.

Leo seemed fine after his surgery today.

Kaiya had the roughest surgery today. She's doing well this evening but will need some recovery time.



Holly enjoys having some separation from the pups and the ability to go in and out whenever she wants.
She still keeps an eye on them, cleans up after them, and feeds them as well.



The cut down wading pool is proving to be a good bed. There is a heating pad under it.

I put toys out for the pups and Holly steals them. That's okay.



Someone donated a DNA test kit for the pups.
I took a sample from Dizzy and will send it off tomorrow so we'll find out what these guys are made of.

Here are some videos of puppy play I made this evening.







No comments: