Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Back to normal

I'm feeling good again. Seemingly asymptomatic, I took nothing except the antiviral pills today. There's still a couple days of them to go, but I didn't need the Tylenol or Sudafed, I felt good. I'll wait a few more days before taking another Covid test but I plan on isolating for a while yet anyway. 

I went back to work today because there was no reason not to, but it was another beautiful sunny day so I took Della out for a walk in the afternoon. We just did the easy, mostly flat, two mile walk at Pleasant Grove but she was very happy to do that again. There are setting up displays of inflatable Christmas things. Della was curious, but not impressed and certainly not intimidated by them. I'm curious about how Bailey will react to them. She didn't care for the Halloween things at all. 



Della with Scooby-Doo



She was not interested in the Clydesdales, but the unicorn caught her eye.

But they didn't bother her and she didn't bother them.

I think I've overcome my addiction to Christmas movies. The more of them I watch, the worse they get. They were like a dependency on Afrin nasal spray, good for when I needed them, but dangerous and counterproductive after three days. I saw this little gem on TikTok today. It's a parody of all Christmas movies and it convinced me that it was time to go back to watching something else, anything else. 


I've been Facetiming with Clay every day. He's having a great time, of course. The official tour started today, in Bruges, which is a beautiful old city with a lot of great beer. I told him he's going to have to negotiate with Bailey for his spot in the bed when he gets home. She's moved right in since he's been gone.





No comments: