Saturday, December 2, 2023

More Dodger

I took Dodger to the Green Dogs fundraiser event at Castle Hill Cidery today. I wasn't sure how he'd do because he's still extremely shy around people and doesn't like to be touched, but he surprised me today, in a good way.

There were a lot of people (bad) but also a lot of dogs (good) so Dodger tried his best to ignore the people and just interact with the dogs. This was a very dog-friendly crowd, however, and many of them would not be ignored. Those with treats in their hands received a positive rating from Dodger. I was surprised that he took treats from strangers, he hasn't done so in the past, so this was a positive development. He really liked meeting as many dogs as he could and he enjoyed sharing my lunch.

All things considered it was a success for Dodger, but he was happy to get back home where he could play with Bailey.


This was a really nice surprise. 
This is Rupert (formerly Mack), one of the Starfish pups from back in the summer).
He looks great and seemed very happy to see me. It was mutual.

Dodger, Rupert, and Violet


I had a double serving of baked beans with my chicken sandwich.
They were very good but more than I needed, so Dodger agreed to help.

This may have been a better bonding session than our hikes.


Lest you think that Dodger never relaxes, 
here he is at home playing and snuggling with Bailey.


No comments: