Monday, November 12, 2012

Lost and found

I have still not really learned to use gmail.  I lose email all the time.  Sometimes I can find it again, sometimes not.  I've received some pictures lately of former fosters.  Some are still lost somewhere in my inbox or somewhere on my computer or are floating somewhere on the internet.  I've been struggling to keep up with everything that email has taken a back seat.  If I've lost yours, I'm sorry. 


This is Gynger.  She's a pretty young thing.  I could have
adopted her many times over on the day she was adopted.
She went to a great home.  The greatest thing about them
was that they also adopted Ryland.


Ryland is a very cool dog.  Very laid back. 
He's a hound/shepherd mix, very sweet, but can be stubborn.
He knows what he wants out of life and he gets it.



Babe (white dog) is another one that I could have adopted
many times over.  Sweet girl, very easy.  She now lives
in West Virginia.

                             This is a short video of a former foster name Ernie.
                             He's a shepherd/hound mix, similar to Hank.
                             Apparently they are teaching him German.
 
 
This is Bandit, a foster from 2007.  He is now 14 years old!
They call him Dick Clark because he doesn't seem to age.
(Dorian Gray would also an appropriate. )
Bandit had been owned by a UVA medical student that dumped him
when he was getting ready to graduate and move on.
(How would you like to have that asshole for a doctor?)
The dog landed in a wonderful home, however, which has made up for all
years living in student housing.




This is Gunner, and he may be part of the reason that Bandit has
stayed so young.  I had him as a puppy named Diesel and adopted him to
Bandit's owners when they came back a year after adopting Bandit,
looking for a second dog.  He was the most adorable puppy and he grew
into an absolutely beautiful adult shepherd.  He looks so serious here,
it's his portrait face, but they say he's a big goof.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Ann said...

Too funny--a friend down the street actually has a spaniel-type dog named Dorian Gray! Gorgeous red/white dog that lacks only for some training. I always wondered about naming a dog after that character.

Anonymous said...

Love all these great adoption stories! It's so wonderful to see these great dogs with kind families!