Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hallelujah Hank

They say that every dog has its day, and today was Hank's day, although he shared a part of it with Aja. I met Hank's adopter up in Gainesville. Hank is a trusting and happy boy and he went with him readily.


The adopter is the guy who had contacted me before our trip to England. I forgot about him while we were gone and made plans to adopt Hank to someone else when we returned. That placement fell through because of the landlord, but the original applicant was still interested (and forgiving) when I contacted him again. Hank was blissfully unaware of the vagaries of his fortune, and hopefully it has all worked out well in the end.


Hank will have a great home and I really hope he will do his part to make it work out. Hank's a good boy, he just needs someone who can give him some time and attention.


I am very happy for Hank.





Aja went to Gainesville with me today too, not to an adopter but to the best of all possible foster homes. She will get her surgery and they I bet she will get adopted fast.


She has already shown her new foster mom how to play basketball and impressed her with her dog-on-dog social skills.


I kissed this one goodbye repeatedly. If I had been looking for a new dog, this one would have been it. But I know she will find an excellent home so I'm not worried about her.


I'm just really glad that I don't have to take her to a boarding kennel. I'm glad Hank is in a home now too. And the two new incoming dogs didn't come in after all! So that's four less dogs I need to deal with before Thanksgiving. But, I got news of a previously adopted boxer being returned, so today wasn't perfect but it wasn't bad.


3 comments:

Sue said...

I recognize that table, chair and floor and that "foster" mom! Aja is in great hands.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Hank! That adopter will be so happy to have such a happy go lucky dog!!!

patti said...

Yay Hank!! So glad he found a good permanent home...sounds like karma was at play for sure! Good luck to him & his new family!