Thursday, October 30, 2014

Maya and Music

If you are tired of reading about my walks, you are not alone. Although I am still enjoying it, I've been hitting the trails pretty consistently and am beginning to fear the onset of boredom. I know pretty much every inch of the trail system by heart now, and although I start at different locations and always vary my route, it's getting to be very familiar territory. I thought that music might distract my mind while my legs are moving, so I picked up some headphones for Clay's Ipod and off we went.

I haven't yet learned how to put music on it yet, but there was a pretty good selection already loaded. I found the soundtrack from Hedwig and that got us through about five miles by the time I figured out how to work it. I played "Wig in a Box" back to back a few times.





Then I found Springsteen's "O Mary, Don't You Weep" and decided to go another mile. I think most of the Seeger Sessions album will be good walking music.



Walking with music is a very different experience, less nature, more exercise oriented. We'll see how it goes, but at least it will give me an option when I'm feeling bored.
My shadow is tall and thin anyway.
Maya loves me, fat or thin.



6.33 miles, I stayed on one end of the
trail system so there was a lot of
double tracking today.






No comments: