Sunday, October 19, 2014

Well, Hello Dolly

The new Rottweiler girl had just been called Little One or Big Girl, neither of which is a proper name in my book. She's got a new life and needs a new name, a real name, so I'm calling her Dolly, and not just so I can sing show tunes to her outdoors.

I've kept her by herself in a kennel adjacent to the dog yard since I got her on Monday. She had three days of Panacure so any worms she may have had are gone and she's pooping like a champ. She has met the other dogs through the fence and no one is displaying any aggressive behavior. She eats well, like a rottweiler, and I've been putting her into the shed at night where she can snuggle up in one of the nest boxes.

Sunday morning was the time to meet the pack nose to nose. I only did introductions with Trooper, Max, and Groot. Dolly's reactions were predictable: she loved Trooper, she ignored Max, and she told Groot to fuck off. I'll introduce Maya tomorrow, but I do not anticipate any problems.

Groot was happy to see her and wanted to play.
Groot's play is kind of in-your-face
Trooper's greeting is always good.
Dolly didn't quite know what to make of Groot.


Here she is telling Groot to fuck off.
It didn't last long.





Groot couldn't believe she didn't want to play.
Dolly followed Trooper up to the Playstation.

Groot followed too, of course.
All the girls love Trooper.


Dolly doesn't look or act 10+ years old.

Sparky and I went out for hike in the
morning before anything but breakfast.
Sparky and I did 5.11 miles, it was a beautiful
morning on the trails.

Maya sticks close to me when we meet
strangers, human or canine, on the trail.
I like that.

After Dolly introductions, Maya and I went out
for another 5.47 miles.






1 comment:

Julie Garrou said...

Picture #9 is priceless. Trooper's like "I already have a girlfriend. Her name is Maya," and Groot is like "What about me? I'm cute. My name is Groot."