Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Fun Day





















Clay and I have decided to lighten our load of material possessions, at least a bit. Toward that end we have taken a space in the Tuckahoe Antique Mall down in Nellysford, in conjunction with Clay's mother, a long time antique dealer. We spent yesterday transporting furniture and setting up the space and we went down again this morning with another load. We are selling some of our excess furniture and part of our obscenely excessive collection of vintage Fiestaware and Harlequin pottery. The booth also has some of Berta's pewter and silverplate, and we will be adding other items as time goes along. We just have too much stuff and it all collects dust.



Since we were in Nelson County, we stopped by Blue Mountain Brewery for lunch. Their Kolsch is one of my favorites. And again, since we were in the area, we came back through Crozet and stopped at the newly opened Crozet Artisans - Creative Gallery and Gifts. I have friends, Kathleen and Minal Mistry, who have their works on display there. 

We couldn't very well go through Crozet without stopping at Starr Hill Brewery, could we?  I had their Monticello Reserve, brewed from corn and wheat, no barley, based on a recipe from Thomas Jefferson. So it wasn't about the beer, it was a history lesson.                                                                                 The next stop on the way home was Champion Brewery in Charlottesville. I had their Clam Bake Gose, really good beer. 











 We got back home and found that Maya had eaten, chewed, and destroyed nothing in the house. Nothing we could find anyway. That was actually two days in a row she's been good when left at home, beating her prior record by a full two days. She's only really bad if she sees me leave the house with another dog. Then she chews up something of mine to show her displeasure. We were home in time for me to get out for a hike and I was really wanting to take Sparky, but I felt I'd better take Maya and Groot since she had been so good both yesterday and today. It was cooler than it's been since early spring and we were losing daylight, so we moved much faster than usual. Good walk, good dogs, good day.







It was dark when the dogs and I got back. I fed Groot and Max, had a shower myself, and then settled down with my final beer of the day. This is Clay's latest stout. It's supposed to be ready about Thanksgiving time but we had a couple bottles of it early to check the quality. We drank them from some new crystal pint glasses that Clay's brother got him for his birthday (September 18th, while we were in Scotland). The EB engraved on the glass stands for Edgewood Brewery, our personal label. 




No comments: