Thursday, October 2, 2014

Groot Rides Shotgun

I took Maya and Groot out for a five miler late this afternoon. I was due to meet a transport this evening and I received a text while hiking informing me that the transport was arriving a bit sooner than I had expected. I had time to finish my five miles and was happy to have an excuse not to do more. I didn't think I'd have time to take Maya and Groot home, however, so they went along for the ride up to Zion Crossroads.

I am Groot.
My van has two crates set up permanently and room behind the crates for at least two loose dogs. I figured that the new guy should go into a crate, and Maya was in one already, so Groot rode in the back. That usually works, for most dogs, but Groot decided he wanted to ride shotgun. He climbed over the crates and into the passenger's seat next to me. That was a first for him, but then practically everything is a first for Groot. He actually rode pretty well once I cleared some of my stuff off the seat. Some dogs constantly try to climb into my lap as I drive, but Groot sat down and enjoyed the view. I'm sure I have some new nose prints on the glass on that side of the car.

Fonzi and Ochie
Fonzi
We picked up Fonzi, who just arrived from Lexington, KY, where he was scheduled to be euthanized today. Fonzi is the most temporary of fosters. He has another foster home to go to, we just need to figure out how to make that happen in the next day or two. He's a very sweet boy, mild, quiet, relatively relaxed for all he's been through. The transporter did tell me he's got diarrehea, however, so I gave him an Immodium and nothing to eat.
Fonzi and Trooper

He met Ochie, Trooper, and Maya, as well as Groot, and he seemed fine with everyone. Fonzi is with Promises Animal Rescue.

No comments: